SHOUT Inc supports self-help groups through
- Promoting the philosophy, practice and value of self help
- Providing support, expertise and resources to develop and nurture self-help groups
- Providing a web based platform to support individuals through connection with organisations and groups
- Assisting self-help groups to achieve their goals through developing connections and resources
- Strengthening governance through resources, support and training
SHOUT provides members with a range of services and facilities to develop and support self-help groups in the ACT region. Our office provides a contact point for self-help groups and will provide a point of contact to refer and connect people to organisations and groups through the web-based platform.
A list of SHOUT’s full members can be found on the SHOUT Members page.
“A fair and just community which is enriched by self-help.”
Statement of Purpose
“Our purpose is to support and connect community groups with the Canberra community by building capacity and opportunity.”