The support and care that SHOUT offers to small organisations is specifically tailored to the needs of each individual organisation. From the inception of a small volunteer self-help group and growth into a small community organisation requires flexibility, knowledge and navigation through a number of options towards a viable, incorporated and funded not for profit organisation.
Throughout the growth of the organisations SHOUT maintains a strong presence, offering high level support, to employees and boards/committees.
Support is offered through:
- connection to services and supports such as administrative services
- information regarding funding available
- tenancy support
- training opportunities for staff, boards and volunteers
- facilitation for planning days and focus groups
- assistance with marketing and promotional plans
- board support, training and mentoring
- logistical support in the legal and insurance requirements
- contact list held by SHOUT for both receiving and disseminating information
- advocacy and sector development activities as negotiated
- promotion of member events through social media and bimonthly sector newsletter produced by SHOUT
There are three types of membership offered at SHOUT
- Full membership
- Corporate membership – for larger established organisations
- Affiliate members which also can be reciprocal membership
A list of SHOUT’s full members can be found on the SHOUT Members page.