CONNECT GROUPS – WA
Since 1983, we have provided practical assistance to both new and established groups to support their effective management and role in the community.
ConnectGroups aims to help people help each other by providing Self Help and Support Groups with:
- Links to community networks and information.
- Assistance with group development and management.
- Support with community resources and services.
- Individual and group skills training.
- ConnectGroups promotes the philosophy and practice of peer support throughout Western Australia. Fostering empowerment among Self Help and Support Groups allows people dealing with stressful life problems and situations to share their experiences and to offer emotional and practical support to one another.
Collective Of Self Help & Social Action Groups (COSHG) – Victoria
Phone: 03 9349 2301, 10 am-3 pm Wednesday & Thursday
COSHG is a network of self-help and social action groups. These groups are made up of and controlled by people who are directly affected by a particular issue. COSHG acts as a clearing house and resource for people who want to contact groups, start a group or maintain a group. COSHG has an extensive database that includes self help groups and relevant organisations throughout Victoria.
Self Help Queensland
Phone/Fax: 07 3344 6919
Self Help Queensland Inc (SHQ) was formed in 1983. We are a not for profit, Queensland wide community organisation. We carry out a range of activities that help establish, develop, promote and sustain Self Help and Support Groups in Queensland. We aim to support people who are seeking their own solutions to improve their wellbeing.
Self Help and Support Groups may be large or small, informal or sophisticated, stand alone or part of a network. They vary across a broad range of health conditions and related wellbeing issues eg genetic conditions, mental health, chronic illness, disability, grief and loss, parenting, sexual health, addiction, employment, environment, multicultural, social action, rare diseases, parenting, refugees, etc.
Self Help Resource Centre (Canada)
Nottingham Self Help Team (UK)
American Self Help Clearinghouse (USA)
National Organisation for Rare Disorders (USA)
For information on many rare health conditions